A&W is an industry leader in developing and maintaining a strong organizational culture, something we call ‘Climate.’
Download the complete
How we work together
What is ‘Climate?’
‘Climate’ is the way we work and communicate with each other, and it represents how everyone in our organization feels about our work. It’s the most powerful ingredient of our success. As such, it’s also an invaluable strategic tool.
How does the process work?
As part of our competitive advantage, the way we work together is too important to leave to chance. We foster a healthy work environment by:
- Openly sharing and discussing our relationships and dealing with any work-related issues as they arise
- Holding semi-annual ‘Climate’-building meetings to strengthen and practice ‘Climate’
- Conducting annual ‘Climate’ tracking reports to monitor our progress and develop strategies to further improve our working relationships
- Following a set of seven proprietary 'Climate' goals:
- We respect and listen to each other.
- We recognize and celebrate our big and small wins.
- We welcome and give helpful feedback so we learn and continuously improve our results and our relationships.
- We hustle to delight every single customer with perfect food served blazingly fast.
- We each do our part to ensure our success by winning customers and helping to make our restaurant(s) more profitable.
- We take pride in making a difference at A&W by creating and pursuing opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
- We support and challenge each other to work together as partners to create and achieve shared goals.
What it will mean for you
As an A&W franchisee, you’ll experience the benefits of a healthy culture on a daily basis. Whether through increasing the morale of your staff—and thereby reducing turnover—or enjoying a franchisee relationship that’s the envy of the industry, ‘Climate’ will play a key role in your success.